|Title ||Scientific Director|
| Job Term ||Permanent|
| Location ||Reading|
|Salary ||excellent package including pension and healthcaree .|
|Details || The Company|
Our client is a global Medical Communications company providing services to the Biotech, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries. Our client provides employees with an excellent working environment, within a truly supportive team. Due to continued expansion they are looking to recruit a Scientific Director based in a 25 mile radius of Maidenhead.
The purpose and remit of the Scientific Director role:-
* Develop educational and strategically focused medical communication programmes for a wide range of healthcare clients
* Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the specification/brief, to the project schedule and within budget
* Present authoritatively and with credibility to client commercial, medical and scientific staff, and to Thought Leaders in any given therapy area
* Embrace a leadership role in promoting a culture of team work, innovation and open communication
* Direct an M&SS team to deliver to ensure the team deliver medical education and communication projects to the highest standards of quality control and client service
* Analyse and assimilate market, therapy area and product information in order to provide consultancy advice to clients on product differentiation, positioning and marketing strategy
* Utilise experience and expertise to identify and develop business leads, to assist with new business development proposals and pitches, and to build understanding across account team
* Identify and develop positive relationships with Thought leaders
* Plan resource and delegate responsibilities within the M&SS team so account objectives are achieved;
* Assist in identifying and delivering scientific training needs across team
* Take line management responsibility and act as a mentor for other members of the M&SS team
* Provide accurate budgets and account forecasting
The Scientific Director experience and qualifications:-
* Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with depth and breadth of editorial experience, with several years at Senior Medical Writer level or above in a communications agency environment
* Highly experienced with versatility to work across the whole range of our clients products and services
* Able to provide senior editorial advice and support to all members of the account team and across the department, including significant experience of good multidisciplinary teamwork
* Good knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas, plus the pharmaceutical industry (drug development, pharmaceutical regulations, marketing)
* Thorough understanding of principles and processes underlying the various components of a communication programme and the healthcare compliance framework
* Maturity of approach and ability to act as a role model
* Excellent overall effectiveness, efficiency and adherence to quality
* Ability to ensure all writing meets the client's strategic marketing objectives as well as being of high scientific quality/credibility, with ability to adapt for different target audiences
* Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc.
* Excellent leadership, motivational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Good IT skills and experience with full range of media
* Good knowledge of print/production procedures
* Presentation, interview and appraisal skills
* Possess excellent medical writing skills in a wide range of communication activities
In return the Scientific Director will receive an excellent package including pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday and further excellent benefits to be discussed at time of interview. Our client also offers excellent career progression opportunities that you would come to expect from a global organisation who look after their employees.
If you are interested in this position please email us your CV.
Visit our website now at www.atr-solutions.com to see similar jobs.
|Package||excellent benefits |
|Contact||Sheila Carswell |
|Tel||0844 8000 625 |