|Title ||Editorial Manager - Medical Communications|
| Job Term ||Permanent|
| Location ||Manchester|
|Salary ||£35k salary plus excellent benefits .|
|Details || The Company|
Our client is a global Medical Communications company providing services to the Biotech, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries. Our client provides employees with an excellent working environment, within a truly supportive team. Due to continued expansion our client is looking to recruit an Editorial Manager based in a 25 mile radius of Stockport.
The purpose and remit of the Editorial Manager role:-
* Help manage a Medical & Scientific Services (M&SS) team delivering medical education and communication projects.
* Working alongside the VP M&SS, take ownership and responsibility for resourcing and workflow management for the M&SS team.
* Provide technical QC support to the M&SS team.
* Plan resource and delegate responsibilities within the M&SS team so that account objectives are achieved.
* Contract, utilise and manage freelance resource
* Work closely with the VP to ensure staff development, succession and resource planning takes place.
* Involvement with identification of training needs across account team.
* Clear communication with Senior Managers on account and management issues.
* Involvement in recruitment: assessing CVs and reviewing recruitment tests. Interviewing prospective M&SS candidates alongside VP M&SS
* Utilise experience and expertise to assist with the technical QC of written materials, ensuring editorial standards are maintained across the group.
The Editorial Manager experience and qualifications:-
* Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with several years' writing and/or editorial management experience in a communications agency environment or equivalent.
* Significant knowledge of medical communications agencies and what products and services they supply to the pharmaceutical industry, including a sound appreciation of budgeted hours and medical writing resource required to produce high-quality deliverables.
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development, regulations regarding the approval and licensing of drug products, and the laws and guidelines that govern product marketing and interaction with healthcare professionals.
* Good understanding and implementation of operating procedures.
* Strong scientific background and ability to assure the quality of medical education and communication materials.
* Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, etc.
* Excellent technical reviewing skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent organisational and budgetary control skills.
* Problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills.
* Successful management of internal resource and workload.
* Successful management of freelance resource.
* M&SS team development.
In return the Editorial Manager will receive a £35k salary plus benefits that include pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday and further excellent benefits to be discussed at time of interview. Our client also offers fantastic career progression opportunities as this is a global organisation that is committed to staff development and they truly look after their employees.
If you are interested in this position please email us your CV.
Visit our website now at www.atr-solutions.com to see similar jobs.
|Package||excellent benefits, career ops |
|Contact||Sheila Carswell |
|Tel||0844 8000 625 |